This was a personal project that took me a bit to wrap my head around! Just making sure that the snakes were realistically wrapping around each other and I wanted them to mirror each other. Once I had the angles and directions of the snakes just right, the rest however was quite therapeutic.
To make the detail really pop I decided to apply some bronze leaf, layering it to create a really textured look. This was my first time using bronze leaf and let's just say it's beautiful but very messy!
This piece was then digitised so it could be etched on to timber (see below). It took a few passes on the laser etcher to make sure there was still a lot of detail without burning the timber. I then added metallic bronze paint for the 'sun' and made this piece in to a box frame.